Tuesday, February 10, 2009

U-Blog 2

I am looking forward to help teach old people how to use computer, using internet, or whatever they want to learn about technology. I have to come up with good style like play games, teach them how to use internet, etc. So that way they won't be bored and go sleep while listening to lecture. I want them feel comfortable about using computer and keep practicing use the computer more often. I know that some of them might be fear that they will break the computer. That is my way of teaching style.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Chris. I hope to make the learning fun and interesting as well as easy. I think that these things are what makes it easy for people to learn and retain things. I really like to read and could discuss theories about some of my favorite books series, but if I'm forced to read something that I don't care about I can tell you almost nothing about it and even that's lost as soon as I don't need to know it anymore. I think people are more likely to learn something when they're interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, good reflections. Watch your the language you use for our training participants. Several of the documents I posted suggest "senior adults" as a better accepted and respectful term. Dr. Keane

    ReplyDelete